About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 5,000 staff across 50 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast-growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Manager (m/f/d) to join the Compliance department within our bank. The role will be based in London and will provide compliance support to EDB’s Digital Bank and the, support the EDB London Branch, plus play a role within the EDB Compliance team as well as the wider London Compliance Department,
If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Digital Banking and the digital leadership team with a pro-active compliance advisory service. This should cover both day-to-day and broader strategic compliance matters
- Provide interpretation, guidance and thought leadership on all regulatory matters relating to Digital Banking.
- Lead and represent Compliance at workstreams and projects for the digital banking proposition e.g., MiFID II, PSD 2, AML, etc., providing professional objective advice and insights to industry best practice
- Ensure that the digital banking proposition remains compliant with regulations across multiple jurisdictions, particularly in Luxembourg where the bank is licensed
- Design and implement a regular programme of control testing, reporting and training, to ensure compliance is being achieved. Ensure that this programme fits seamlessly within the overall Compliance Department’s monitoring framework
- Oversee the client classification process under MiFID II guidelines
- Support the Head of EDB London branch with compliance advisory and monitoring support for depositary and custodian services for authorised funds e.g. UCITS, NURS, PAIFs and AIFs
- Good understanding of investment borrowing power restrictions and oversight of fund administration services.
- Overseeing and supporting the team with the development of policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of regulatory breaches and of damage to the firm’s reputation
- Ensure that possible breaches of regulatory requirements or internal compliance policies and standards are effectively investigated and appropriately resolved
- Manage communications with the bank’s key regulators as they pertain to the portfolio
- Support the London Branch Head of Compliance and London Branch Manager as required
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and progression of the wider Compliance department through contribution, leadership and teamwork
- Ensure that the values of the Compliance Department are upheld to the highest standards, while building value-adding relationships with key stakeholders
- Maximize efficiencies and opportunities within the three lines of defence model, ensuring that overall risk management practices across the bank are optimized
Skills and Experience Required
- University degree, e.g., business administration/ economics/ law or comparable courses
- Relevant professional experience within compliance management in the financial services industry (ideally over 7 years). Preference given to banking experience
- Excellent knowledge of the European Regulatory environment and ideally experience of working with the Luxembourgish Regulator, the CSSF
- Excellent knowledge of global AML, CTF and KYC rules and regulations
- English Fluency with a preference for additional French and/or German skills
- Good working knowledge of compliance and risk management tools (GRC), plus very good Microsoft Office skills
Who will suit this role?
A person who
- can operate dynamically, working collaboratively within a team environment on certain projects and as a sole operator on others
- has an excellent eye for detail and is delivery focused
- can operate with multiple reporting lines and occasionally competing priorities
- has the highest ethics and will live and promote the values of compliance and EDB
- will lead change when they see something which requires improvement
- is ambitious and has genuine interest in the industry and serving clients better
What you will get in return
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team
The Chief Compliance Officer of EDB, based in Luxembourg and functionally to the Head of Digital Banking for EDB, based in London.
Currently no line management responsibilities align to the role but there is scope to grow this element in due course depending on the individual candidate.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com .
For further information about us, please have a look at our website. As we are a part of the Apex Group, you can also visit www.apexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://apexgroup.com/csr-policy/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte apexfunds.co.uk.