About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 5,000 staff across 50 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for the Head of Custody/Custody Manager to support our branch in London, UK. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the management of the delivery of Custody Operations and for the oversight of the workflow performed by the supporting team. Furthermore, you are also responsible for managing the day to day relationship with our custody clients as well as for ensuring a timely delivery of client deliverables and reporting required by the relevant stakeholders.
- Management of UK Custody Operations by managing the appropriate resources to ensure proper and optimal delivery of service
- Ensure that effective procedures are in place, and maintain governance over the responsibilities and deliverables of the team
- Ensure all workflow controls are implemented and all Custody responsibilities are carried out in accordance with our procedures
- Manage resources to achieve resilience and strength to cope with challenges as well as optimizing the performance
- Ensure appropriate oversight is in place to mitigate risk and minimize incidents and manage the MRI process
- Monitor and review performance of daily and monthly Risk and Control Checks
- Handle escalation of incidents as needed
- Ensure effective operating models are in place within Custody Operations to achieve operational and cost targets
- Manage client relationships and act as an escalation point for issues and matters arising
- Participate in new client launches to assess impact and operational requirement to support new business and coordinate new client on-boarding with sales and integration
- Organise and manage the structure and workflow within the team, ensure all tasks are allocated and completed by the Custody Supervisors and Administrators on the team
- Manage Payment Process, including review and authorisation of payments as needed
- Manage custody trading, portfolio and cash management process for custody clients;
- Manage custody reporting and reconciliation process for custody clients;
- Manage Fee calculation and Billing process
- Perform capacity analysis and resource planning
- Manage Monthly KPI and KRI delivery
- Manage the development of the Custody team and provide guidance, leadership and technical assistance to the team; perform semi-annual performance reviews as required
- Co-ordinate take on process for new custody clients with the On-Boarding Team and other stakeholders
- Act as a signatory of relevant entities and exercising such authority in accordance with policy;
- Manage Audit and Regulatory reviews including SOC1 and FCA Reviews
- Manage internal self assessment process to review and monitor all processes are carried out in accordance with the Custody Key Operating Procedures
- Identify any system/process training needs and participate in resource planning; ensure cross training for all team members to ensure sufficient coverage is always in place to ensure client service requirements are met
- And any other tasks as required by the business.
- Preferably, at least 6 years’ experience in fund services industry, the majority of experience being in a Custody and Payments environment
- Preferably, at least 5 years’ experience working with various custody products, including Custody trade processing and settlements
- Preferably, at least 5 years’ experience in payment execution environment and have strong technical skills in payment formatting and payment infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of open-ended funds (UCITS/NURS), CASS rules and related regulations will be an advantage
- Interest and desire to work in a busy, high performance environment, managing tight deadlines
- Excellent Leadership and people management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, other divisions/ offices of the bank and professional intermediaries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What you will get in return
- A good level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Be party of the establishment of a new office in London
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at our website. As we are a part of the APEX group, you can also visit www.apexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://apexgroup.com/csr-policy/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com