About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
Due to the growth in the business, we are currently looking for a qualified Database Administrator & Data Engineer (m/f/d) to support our IT department in Luxembourg. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
You will be reporting into the IT Operations Manager in Luxembourg and will manage all databases in Luxembourg and ensure systems are monitored. As a DBA & Data Engineer, you will support the local databases and take part in projects, covering all aspects of data management.
- Be accountable for all aspects of the daily administration of all local databases, including set-up of databases (Oracle, MS SQL …), maintenance, optimisation, etc.;
- Represent all data management aspects in projects, BAU, and troubleshooting;
- Ensure SLA’s are adhered to for databases;
- Work together with the local IT Team to identify IT solutions to support business growth;
- Plan and schedule project activities using appropriate tools;
- Support with internal and external audits and take ownership of any remediation actions (for databases data in general;
- Perform problem management and manage process on problems through to resolution;
- Developing technical standards and optimisation for related services;
- Perform patching where and when needed;
- Perform out-of-hours support services for the business;
- Ensure compliance with Apex standards including data protection, compliance and information security.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or IT related apprenticeship;
- Several years of operations and project management experience;
- DBA certification;
- Knowledge of System administration is an advantage;
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working
- Good working understanding of the CSSF regulations and circulars, and how they are applied to technology standards and controls;
- Excellent reporting & communication skills;
- Ability to converse with both technical & business teams;
- Experience of troubleshooting and technical support;
- Certified in ITIL and other control frameworks such as COBIT would be an advantage;
- Knowledge in Information security and certifications such as CISM would be an advantage;
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbally, German language skills are an advantage
What you will get in return:
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- The ability to define marketing processes to drive innovation and have a tangible impact on the business
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global marketing team.
- The opportunity to innovate, bring discipline to brand activity and really make a difference.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at at our website. As we are a part of the APEX group, you can also visit www.theapexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com