About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) to support our Legal department. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Creating, auditing and disposing all banking- related contracts and service level agreements
- Analysing, drafting and negotiating a range of legal documentation relating to banking and funds matters for Luxembourg as well as our branches
- Acting as first point of contact for all legal questions
- Supporting our international branches in related legal matters from a head office perspective
- Keeping yourself up-to-date with regards to changes and developments in the local legislation
- Collaborating with other departments of the bank on a daily basis
- University degree in Law
- Practical experience in and good understanding of Luxembourgish law, particularly in finance/ banking law and fund legislation as well as corporate law, ideally acquired in a Luxembourgish law firm or a bank
- Good understanding of economic relationships and the processes of a bank
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working
- First class drafting and negotiating skills
- Business awareness and the ability to provide practical advice and solutions to meet business needs
- Experience in project work
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate
- Fluent communication skills in English – both written and verbally, German and/or French advantageous
What you will get in return:
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information about us, please have a look at www.europeandepositarybank.com. As we are a part of the APEX group, you can also visit www.theapexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org