About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45 offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Senior Payments Officer (m/f/d) to support our department Custody Operations both in the daily business, but also as Deputy for the current Group Leader of the team Payment Services. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
- Supporting and acting as back up for the Group Leader Payment Services in the daily business but also project and staff related tasks.
- Executing the settlement of forex transactions (booking and confirmation matching).
- Complaint handling for payments and forex transactions.
- Booking the payment and forex related fees.
- Acting as main contact for international requests/ inquiries of payment transactions (SWIFT and SEPA).
- Managing and monitoring the annual release changes for both SWIFT and SEPA.
- Participating in and taking ownership of ad hoc projects.
- Constantly reviewing existing processes and identifying opportunities for improvements and implementing those successfully.
- Banking apprenticeship or Bachelor degree in a relevant field (economics, business administration, finance, etc.).
- Several years of professional experience in a similar field.
- Good understanding of economic relationships and the processes of a bank.
- Strong analytical and decision- making skills as well as a structured way of working.
- Ability work successfully both autonomously and within teams.
- Profound SWIFT background and SEPA knowledge advantageous.
- First experience in leading smaller teams advantageous.
- Experience in project work advantageous.
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and highly accurate.
- IT affinity with regards to XML, X-Gen, EBICS standards as well as sound knowledge of MS Office products, further system knowledge e.g. IBSY, etc. would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbally – in English, German and any other European language advantageous.
What you will get in return:
- A high level of visibility within a large organisation on an upwards trajectory
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse, agile and global team.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about us, please have a look at our website. As we are a part of the APEX group, you can also visit www.theapexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group. Please also have a look at www.lri-invest.lu for further information about the other companies being part of this group here in Luxembourg.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com