About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of Banking, Depositary and Custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 4,000 staff across 45+ offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Branch Head of Compliance and DPO (m/f/d) for our branch in Malta. This function will be responsible for ensuring appropriate and effective second line of defence controls are in place for compliance risks including anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting the annual compliance risk assessment and presenting findings to the Branch Committee of the Branch
- Supporting and advising the Branch Manager on compliance and Regulatory issues; Support
- Liaising with the MFSA and FIAU and other regulatory authorities as required;
- Drafting and maintaining of internal policies and procedures;
- Ensuring the prevention of fraud;
- prevention of any conflicts of interest on the part of the Branch or handling of such conflicts;
- Ensuring data protection and professional secrecy;
- Identification, listing and provisions of laws and regulations;
- Performing second line testing of first line business controls in line with a risk based compliance monitoring plan;
- Ensuring adequate arrangements for client identification and other necessary screening are in place; and
- Delivering training on relevant compliance topics including compliance inductions to the staff of the Branch.
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a law/finance or banking degree from the recognised university.
- The candidate should have been working in a similar role for at least five past consecutive years
- Good knowledge of the AIFMD/UCITS/ PIF
- Reporting requirements of the regulatory bodies in Malta would be a distinct advantage
- MS Office
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbally – any other language advantageous
What you will get in return:
You can look forward to an interesting and broad field of activities within a successfully growing company. You will experience the advantages of a bank, flat hierarchies and an attractive work environment providing you a long-term perspective for your personal and professional development. We provide for opportunities for personal and professional career development and offer a highly competitive salary package to the successful candidate.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials/reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via e-mail to Mrs. Maruska Zammit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information about us, please have a look at our website. As we are a part of the APEX group, you can also visit www.theapexgroup.com for additional information about our international and growth-oriented group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com